From the time I first saw you
I knew it would be more
I found out if I made you mad
Our date would be gore
But when we spent more time together
Just me and you
Us against the world
I love you so much, more than any girl
The sound of your voice attracted me from the jump,
You keep coming back
When I was in a slump
Even if I turned you away for friends
I knew the next morning
We were friends
because after all you are my
BASKETBALL
Jason Jeffries - 8th Period
Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!
This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That poem was soooo raw. I def thought you were talking about a women. but wat is your title inspired by????
Margery S.
the number of bumps on a basketball
jason jeffries 8th
that was good bro i like the metaphor makin it sound like it was about a girl...and givin the ball girl like qualities...
the title had me kind of lost. As I read more into it I thought it was about a girl. Then the end came and it was about a basketball. You did a nice job in using personification!!
kelsey P. period 8
Awesome example of "pulling the rug out from under the reader"!! And, what a creative title! How do you know how many bumps are on a bball? That's true love, for sure!
Ms. S.
Good poem Jason, I like the creative title. " The sound of your voice attracted me from the jump"= lots of Imagery. I was wondering how long did it take you to count all those bumps on the basketball? LOL
Amen-Rah Smith
Post a Comment