Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Game Time...Game Over

Step up to the line
Its game time

Shake your opponent’s hand
Its game time

Step up to the line
Serve
Bump
Set
Spike

Step up to the line
Serve
Dig
Set
Spike

Step up to the line
Shake your opponent’s hand

Game over

Darren S - Period 1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bro i like the you used onomatopetia with the 1,2,3...you go thru the whole progess as the volleyball game. cause the same way its starts it ends by accepting the other team and doing a job and send them on their way

jason jeffries 8th

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leah Robinson from 1st Period said...

I have seen very few poeple wriute poems like this. Its one of the reasons why its interesting and caught my attention. I Like how it makes you think about an actual game in action wen Onomonopoeia was used...make you want to play the game.

Ashton said...

D. I like how this is pretty much coming from your own season/ife. But for real though, I like the form, diction, and syntax in which you made this poem. I like the speed of this poem as well though. Short, Sweet, straight to the point. very good.

-Ashton M.