Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Monday, April 20, 2009

gold digger

Pretend to love him then take his all
Keep me happy take me to the mall.
I never lift a finger you do all the work.
Collecting like the plate they pass around at church.
I can make him feel like the king of the world
And never let him know I’m this type of girl.
I made him fall in love but I don’t eel the same.
Yep I’ll take his money and never know his last name
I have not a problem, and chicks know the deal.
I let him pamper me and I’m the first in his will.
When he least expects it I pull the trigger
I’m the definition of a real golddigger.

La Portia M. 8th

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it Portia jus playing but this is how a lot of girls are you gotta do what you gotta do to get yours
kelsey p. period 8

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

THAT IS RIGHT ABOUT SOME PEOPLE
RAVEN M

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

La Portia. girl you went supa hard. i supa like dis poem
but u forgot the f in feel. u said eel. lmao

Ashey brewer

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

i likes dis poem
jenae b

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

this poem really draws a clear picture in my head kiki m

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

this poem is very well thought out and is an insiration to all gold diggers across america
chernin