Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Somebody Loves You

Wish I can hug every brother who done lost trial, and go see all the one’s who aint been visited in a while

And go to see all the goons that down wish I can help them smile
To show all my brothers I love them I walk a 100 miles

Bless my mans that got killed in front of his own house like he didn’t deserve better
Help them pull through if they on life support now

The only thing I live for is to make my son proud my heart goes out to all these young brothers runnin wild, I said a prayer for all the mamas who done lost they child

That 12 year old girl who wanna f**k god slow her down her life all in shambles help her turn around , please reach out and help her god before she drown

I know that feelings when it feel like nobody care when you going through your problems seem like nobody there, I started to started to question myself if god really care sometimes, I cut off all the lights in the room and stare wondering if he brought me this far to drop me off here

I know it seem like sometimes life aint fair, they say the only thing you count on in this world is prayer I prayed so much I thought that god couldn’t here, cause I done been through so much bullsh** this past year

Its hard now to find people that’s sincere the streets make it so hard for you to think clear I’d give this to have my Grandma here

Inspired by Chess

Steven A. Period 3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you g, it be like that sometime. I feel the same way, we lose alotto the streets but we gotta be strong because we here and have been above our influences. Love Ya Plies

Anonymous said...

I like how you used alliteration for the feelings you have. This poem has Assonance and a good rythme. The irony of your heart goin out to the mothers and dead G's is BEAUTIFUL! Shadae G