Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Straight Bout CASH

Square shapes of the object
makes me longer for more.
Smooth like the skin of a baby
Thinking of the green materials
I think of that layer of paper.
In the counting of the weight
Spend until the spending ends
For more to rotate in and out.
CASH!
Dollar signs up.
Many want the capital
While many don’t have two.
The Doe. Is the motivation.
Making money, ain’t nothing funny
Straight Bout CASH, Hurry so I DASH

Inspired by: Poetry

By: Marcus H

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that. I feel u all the way. Jasmine J

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

That's from the heart of all the people who love to get money.

Anonymous said...

You already know we bout our dow! Your alliteration at the end explains you to the T. The simile of the baby skin shows your love for the dollar bills. Shadae G

Anonymous said...

I love poem because you so you have a good relationship and you understand money like I do

Steven H