Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Warden

Inspired The Panther


I hear the keys, I smell the stale air
How I wished to be free of my jail free to roam the lush green meadows
I could sense her presence coming near my warden
The one who keeps me caged like a lion the one who never lets me be myself
I conform to what my warden wants me to be
I say the right thing wear the right clothes
Anything to please my warden/
She never lets me out she fears I will stray away and become my own self if
I were to leave.
This is why I stay in my cage pacing back and forth always on the inside looking out
My only vistor is my warden she comes to my room leaves the door open and dares me to leave
She's knows i won't for to leave i would have to look at her face
And to do that is far worst then to stay in my cage
I can't bare to face the one who has alienated me from the world
I can't face to one who has made me into a robot of other people
I can't face the one who has stripped away all my individuality
I can't look into the eyes of the one who has made me a ashamed of being me
Who closets me inside a room to keep me from breaking free
I cannot look into the eyes of my warden because when i look into her eyes all i see is
ME!!!!!!!!
By Terrin Ashton

1 comment:

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

must be yo momma we all got wardens!