Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Cause & The Cure

Your touch disperses an alluring vibrant sensation
Sometimes you fill my stomach with the sharpest aches
Along with adverse reactions, you fulfill the desired effect of my medication
You are the cause and the cure of my heartbreaks

If seeing you is worth walking 100 miles
With all my might I will try
Because you were always there to make me smile
Despite the many times you made me cry

You lay in my sky as the brightest star
So precious yet so far

You speak to me using the harshest words
But speak so highly of my worth

Like a fresh suture in open-heart surgery
You close the wound for it to heal, but the pain afterwards lingers excessively

Loving you is like ripping my heart out
Expressing it involves me having to suffer
You can tell me what I want to hear
But what does it take to acknowledge what we have for each other

The feeling is flawless
Honestly it’s something I can’t describe
I know if I was to lose that feeling
It would feel like losing my life

Something I couldn’t conquer
Because what we have is true
And the most important truth is…
The cause and cure is you

Inspired by You Fit Into Me

Simone S.- Period 8

4 comments:

Kenwood Academy - English III said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i feel u. dang dat was crazy true. jasmine j

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

Simone this is a beautiful poem. What I got from it was that you love somebody so much, but the relationship is causing so much pain but at the same time it is a beautiful love that you don't want to be without. I loved the imagery that you used to describe the pain and the love that you are feeling.

Jasmine B.

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

This was a deep poem i feel you on how you feel about how you love somebody i like your use of methaphors and imagery in this poem you describe your pain and i feel it this really was a beautiful poem.

Micah W. 3rd period