Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

cold hard cake

I see cake out here
And I’m feeling like a fat kid right now
At six past the hour the kid gotta devour
And for that supper I’ll do anything,
Sip juice and bust grapes. No bananas
Just apes; baboons; gorillas; monkeys; officially all the primates!

I used all the right ingredients baking soda……coke cola…water.
Heat 315 degrees
But its funny my cake still came out green.
After a routine recipe I had a six layered brief case cake.
I let my mother taste…..you’d swore I made a mistake just from the look on her face…but the kid eating

Inspired by - Secretary Chant

Kameron B 3rd period

3 comments:

Kimberly P. 8TH said...

Man this poem speaks so much to everybody if they understand it. Once again another hot poem from Ms. Schelewitz English Class.

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

bender uses a smilie when he say's "I’m feeling like a fat kid right now".
chernin

Ashton said...

Your poem was really funny to me. I can somewhat feel similar to this poem, only becuase you can not a go ONE day through the K-wood halls or class, having a classmate ask, "you got some food?', "you got some gum?', "IM SO FREKKIN HUNGRY!!". I want to say that i caught the hour, Devour; grapes, apes, and all that. I cant put my finger on what it is. But I caught it. I want some cake now..... ugh.....

-Ashton M.