Life is overwhelming
Sometimes I wonder why
As days go by
Different situations come my way
Some make me speechless with nothing at all to say
So much stays on my mind
There’s times I wish I could rewind
The good things I can’t seem to find
I’m emotional, only nobody knows
I feel so alone
How do I get out of this war zone
At points I cry
Wishing away I could fly
I seem happy but if only you knew, what I look like inside
My feelings I hide
Feeling as though I can’t talk to anyone, I mean world wide
I try to climb mountains high but I never seem to make it
Forever giving up I can no longer take it
The stress
My life is a mess
Drama here and there
Tears everywhere
I try to control my own life but I feel as though I’m being stabbed with a knife
Why can’t you understand me
Accept me for who I am
I’ll never be like
Her
Him
Or
Him
I am my own person
For that person I been searching
I don’t know why I try so hard to impress you
To make you happy
When I’m not doing so it’s amazing
I realize me being myself is
Beautiful!!!
Me being who you want me to be is????
Ugly!!!!
Forgive me
But….. You have to accept me
Break a leg
It’s your choice
I can only be me
And only God can judge me
He’s the one who brought me on this earth
Making me who I am today
Inspired by I Am Mirror
Rakita P. 3rd Period
Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!
This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment