Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hanging up

Stuck hanging on a
HOOK
I’ve grown old
And someone more
YOUNG & HIP has come taken my place
Why am I still around
Just throw me away
Sometimes you NEED me that’s why I STAY
It’s been about 6 months since you laid eyes on me
Now you call on me
Your body is needing me
You’re hanging her up
She no longer gets attention
You remember I was PERFECT it’s me everyone was missing
So you brought me back out
In the back of my mind I wonder
Is there a POSSBILITY that she’ll come BACK
I don’t think so there’s a patch on her she’s MISSING something that only
I have…….. That TIGHT sensational TOUCH
Inspired by Chess

Rakita P. 3rd Period

3 comments:

rosaline said...

I like this poem because when boys leave not really leave they all ways come back for more.

Lamont Talbert said...

the poem is amazing i really love it







sincerely:Lamont Talbert

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

This poem Is Great...