Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Locked Out

As I sit here with nothing but time
I look left and see a kin of mine
lieing down in slumber
His breath smells like lumber
As he snores on the floor near the door
Good thing we went to the store
Silence surrounds me in my hallway
Seems like I've been here all day
And in this hallway I will stay
Until my mama gets back
But thats gonna be a minute
So I might as well relax
Thinking about my room and everything in it
While Im gathering all these thoughts around
Suddenly I hear a sound RING RING RING
Find out its my house phone
The problem is there's no one home
Planned to come home and get it crackin
But this aint the first time this has happened
For I've learned my lesson I guarantee
Never again will I forget my house KEY

Inspired by: Player's Piano
Amen-Rah Adonis Smith - Period 8

No comments: