Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Love vs Lust

Love vs. Lust
It was as if…She was meant for Me
…Cudn’t be!
Its times when we don’t even speak,
Man she on even great!
She jus go about doin wat she does,
As if we neva was!
All I eva wanted was Love; maybe a hug!
Put my hand in special places, baby I wanna rub,
…but is it Love or Lust?

Love is based off Trust, so let’s not rush!
A year’s gone bye & theirs still no trust,
No answers 4 us!
Man dis is like cancer to us; No Cure!
Wen I first met you, you was so pure
Not seein all the pain dat I made you endure.
Its like I took you on a roller coaster tour…
Ups & Downs is all we see; between
YOU & ME!

6 comments:

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

I like this poem because of love and lust going aganist each other

Anonymous said...

WHO WROTE THIS POEM?! WHO WROTE THE FIRST COMMENT??? I need to see a name in order to give credit! Ms. S.

Leah Robinson from 1st Period said... said...

I like this poem. It gives you reason to think about what is being said and make you wonder. I see some similies in this poem, and Puns aswell. Its a really good poem.

Kenwood Academy - English III said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kenwood Academy - English III said...

i like this poem...i say this because i think that many can relate to it and it seems as though i can put my self in that positio-Preston.L

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

I LIKE THIS SPECIFIC POEM BECAUSE IT SOUNDS FROM THE HEART.AND IT HAS MANY SIMILES
CARL S.