Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Me Without You

When God made you
He thought of me
And gave me to you
Like the limbs on a tree

When God made me
He thought of you
And sent me your love
Now this much is true

I’ve been in darkness for so long
Just waiting for the light
And now that you have come my way
My day doesn’t seem like night

You lit my path with your eternal flame
And gave me hope
For each day not the same

The mere thought of your existence
Makes my life worth living
With more persistence

I love you with all I am and all I’ll ever be
You are my moon, my sun and stars
My earth, my sky, my sea

We were made for each other
Like Christopher and Pooh
What’s Mickey without Minnie
What’s me without u

JASMINE W - PERIOD 3


Inspired by You Fit Into Me

2 comments:

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

POODA I REALLY LIKE HOW YOU WORDED THIS WHOLE POEM. I REALLY LIKE YOU COMPARED YOU AND BRANDON TO THOSE CARTOON CHARACTERS. I CAN SEE THE SHIFT IN THE POEM BECAUSE IN THE BEGINNING IT SEEMS LIKE YOU WE SEARCHING FOR LOVE AND IN THE END YOU FOUND IT. YOU USE ALOT OF NATURE IN THE POEM. i REALLY LIKE THIS PEOM I CAN RELATE TO IT!-EBONI R.

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

THIS POEM IS A GET ATTENTION GETTER. AND I LIKE THE PARTS OF IMAGERY THAT THE AUTHOR USES.
CARL S.