Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Happiest Moment

The happiest moment of my life
is when I am alone in my room
without a care in the world

Without my friends coming to me for advice about boys
Without my family to come and nag to me about my chores
Without my pets to whine about feeding time
Without my niece Nae Nae coming in to yell "Kiki she eat eat" or "Kiki wad Up Boi" or "Brr like Gucci wad up"
Without my book bag to remind me of all the make up work I have piled up in my bag
Without my clock to show me how much time has been wasted on nothing
And finally, without my conscience to yell at me for all the things that i do that i know i shouldn't do

This is me.
I am
Alone. Alone.

But I as sit in my room alone
without a care in the world
I began to laugh and I began to
cry, because as I sit in my room alone
I began to realize that I am not alone
becasue there is a T.V. which has just
introduced me to my first sign of laughter
there is an iPod there to introduce me to rhythm
there is a bed to help me sleep away the pain and dream away my fears
and there is a mirror there to help to refelct the fact that
although my most happiest moment which is
me alone in my room which is also my most
saddest moment because i realize that
as i sit in my room alone
I am never alone
even when I want to be
and I think I am
I am never alone.

Inspired By: I Am Mirror

Kiki M.

1 comment:

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

TWIN U CREATED ALOT OF IMAGERY IN THIS POEM...HOW YOU DESCRIBE SITTING IN YOUR ROOM ALONE. I LIKE HOW YOU QUOTE DIFFERENT SAYINGS.