Standing here, you in my arm,
This deep feeling sinking in… it’s unexplainable
Loneliness...regret...pain…abandoned…lost…
Wondering why and how…
We were just talking and laughing two days ago…
It just shows that time fly like the lost souls that wonders aimlessly…
Thinking about our past…
You lay here life-less, but its just a show…I know it
You were our tree…our bringer of life…our support…
I know this can’t be…
You watched your son fade into the abyss that consumes all…
But still you stood tall…
You told all of us to move on…you were the reason we were strong…
So you can’t leave yet…we still need you…
So much I haven't told you…we are not done yet…
Your machine slows down…the line goes flat…
I swore it was me hooked up to the I.V…
My heart stops with yours…
So I begin to reminisce…
All the good times…all the bad…
Remember when you held your wife for the last time…
You told me to be bold and not to cry…
You made me into the man I should and will be…
Now I stand here…hold you as they say your last prayer…
I don’t budge…I don’t cry…but everyone sees past my layers…
I do as you told me, I stand strong…
And I know you will always be here to help me move on…
Inspired by I Am Mirror
Darryl M. 3rd per.
Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!
This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brotha this poem touches me just as much as u we in this 2gether and kno I got yo back cause we a team. This poem is hot bro. Keep up tha good work.
Post a Comment