Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Grandfather's Picture On The Wall

All my life I have been scared
since a youngn' I didn't understand
I did not dare look at him...
In the dark I would always run just a scared little boy.

The eyes...the eyes...oh my god, I can not look!
Why is he always smiling?
Why is he always staring at me...as if he's staring through me
What could it be as he stares over me?
Is it something in me...maybe...his eyes are always on me
His eyes always follow me
They burn holes through my body.
I'm just a boy, I don't understand...it looks like he wants to speak to me...
I turn in fear...

A whisper in my ear
I'm you and your are I
An angel, a prophet of the lord told me a story of him
She told me that we share the same spirt
That his embrace is within you...you both tread the same path
That we share the same methods in madness...
Cause though the madness he shows reason...
that's why you should not fear this man, because the man you should fear is the man that you see in the mirror
You may not know this man but this man knows of you
the one who stares

The man that watches you is a part of you
he lives through you...
your guardian angel
Your protector he spiritually guides you through the darkness when you're in fear...
though you may walk through the valley of the shadows of death I should fear no evil.

Willie Thomas Williams
10/12/22 - 12/15/86


B. Thames
1st Pd

2 comments:

chabriel said...

I like this peom because my uncle always scared me when i was younger and then he died so i always thought he was mad at me because i didn't say good bye the right way when he was on earth alive.

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

i like it it brings alot of imagery

dian w. per 1st