Sitting in this chair
Under these bright lights
Praying, regretting
For my actions last night
If I just walked away
She would have been alright
But instead I had to fight
Three men approached me
And they demanded money
I looked and laughed
And said I had none dummy
As they began to hit me
I fell to the ground
They kicked and punched me
But I made no sound
As they started to run
I pulled out my gun
And kept pulling the trigger
Until I felt I was done
Four people killed
But I only saw three
Until a stray bullet
Hit a young girl in the knee
Now as I sit in my cell
With no bail
I await until
I see my victims in hell
Jabari H - Period 8
Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!
This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I LOVE THE POEM CAUSE EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD REGERT SOMETHING THAT THEY DID IN THEIR LIVE :FOR EXAMPLE YOU GET INTO IT WITH YOUR MOTHER AND SAY SOME WRONG THING YOU REGRET FOR SAY SO I REALLY ENJOY READIMG THIS POEM. DAVON STERWART 8PERIOD
I agree everyone has regrets but its your choice to learn from em or keep doing the same negative actions. Which will reallycome back on you.
M.Johnson
I enjoyed the poem. It reminds me of a situation that I was in when I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.It also made me think about the choices that you can make in life, and dealing with the aftermath of bad choices.
I really liked it, it reminds me of a situation that I was once in where I made a bad choice, and definitly had some major regrets about my decisions.
B. Thames
I loved it
dequan
the mood of this poem is really deep. the poem really catches my attention. it tells a very interesting story.
Post a Comment