People ask what is true love?
I say, there is never a real explanation
But explanations don’t make it what it really is
Guess you have to know the feeling to know the true meaning
The feeling isn’t always the real thing
Doesn’t always feel good when you’re questioning
To some love hurts tremendously
But it’s believed to be natural like April showers
To me, love shouldn’t be painful
Shouldn’t make you feel it isn’t true
If you knew what true definition of love
Wondering wouldn’t be an option
Inspired by Sex Without Love
Robinson L. - Period 1
Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!
This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Leah, I really enjoyed reading your poem. I can definitely see how sex w/o love and this one are connected. Either rate, it was good. I like the part about april showers though. When I read that, I immediatel thought of the weather outside now, and the smells that the rain brings in the spring/summer. Overall, really good.
Ashton M.
The poem was very thoughtful it really made me think what love is. I like your description of Love and when you talked about April showers.
Kendrick Polk
This poem is really sweet. Bianca
It was a very interesting and touching poem. I love the Personification that you when comparing love to April Showers very clever and keep up the good work
Ahmani H. 3rd
christian....
I really enjoyed reading your poem. I can definitely see how sex w/o love and this one are connected. Either rate, it was good. I like the part about april showers though. When I read that, I immediatel thought of the weather outside now, and the smells that the rain brings in the spring/summer.
Post a Comment