Something that’s never easy to say,
Always on the mind night and day
Sometimes speechless but still have many but
Sometimes comes out saying Gucci, prada, or fini
Can be used to express my love
Always pure and white as dove
Can be venomous and rattle you like a snake
Sharp and pointy off the tongue like a rake
Slick phases coming from the mind
Help you hustle quarter nickel and dime
In a conversation about the bee’s and birds
Often spoken but never heard
Always needed if you have to write
Spoken harshly before a fight
Count down like 123
And put in order like the ABC
Can I use it in here or there?
Maybe I’ll use words any where
My words, words
Your words, words
Our words, words
I breathe them……..
By: Mackeya F per8th
Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!
This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like the poem. You talk about how words are used in general and the way you use them personally. I like the rhyme scheme of the words and how it tells a story. Good use of metaphors and personification. Good job!
i like this poem because she makes words seem like they have a personality in there own way. i also like the way she use the personification and the rhyme scheme
The use of personification and metaphors in this poem is good. The rhyme scheme you use is reckless. You make the words used in this poem seem real by using imagery all in all I love this poem. It has meaning.
Post a Comment