Welcome to the Kenwood poetry blog!

This blog showcases the original poetry of some of Kenwood Academy High School's Senior Class.

The diversity of the student body is mirrored in the diversity of the poetry; some poems are lighthearted and others are quite personal and serious. While the poems incorporate a variety of styles and themes, they are all inspired by the poetry that we've studied in class.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SOLDIER

I became a soldier
Somehow matured as I grew older
I got the world in my hands
Yet, stood back from many plans
You never know when it might tip over
I was a nothing, and been lower.
Was a negative to society
‘Til my mind sought tyranny
It was the formula I had to solve
So I looked for guidance from up above
At the time, I guess he was occupied
Because my dreams and hopes had died
After all I revived I was determined
To not let nobody step on my pride
I’d rather put my past burdens aside
I accepted poverty and pain came along
With the neighborhood life,
Kept it real, like the trip of my knife,
Struggled to be retrieved from this grief
Agony, and strife; I was a rebel to most
As they looked upon the depth
I would host the hardness
Located in my eyes
Had them foolish stacked with lies
I wouldn’t budge though
I had gained fortitude
I guess that’s what it was yup,
My attitude!!!!!
This poem unheard of, words
Blessed from above
Soldier so poetic cause the words
Spell it. This is
A introduction to a soldier like
The poem Introduction to Poetry.
Some will understand it while
Others look blank and forget
It. I became a soldier
Somehow matured as I grew older.

Inspired By: INTRODUCTION to POETRY
KIMBERLY P 8TH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this poem because it says how what you went through before made you a stronger harder person now
Steven H

Kenwood Academy - English III said...

I love your diction with this poem. Your choicee of words show your love for poetry.Your similes relate also not like u throw some stuff tigether but like u mean what u wrote. BRAVO Shadae